...and by lazy, I mean lazy after the 0630 PT.
We took it pretty easy the rest of the day. My Uncle Mike came down from Austin to take us off post to see some sights (= delicious food) and fill us in on the true story of the Alamo. It was great to see him and catch up. And to show my roommate Heather a real live Texan
 |
| Me and Heather at the restaurant with Uncle Mike |
Afterwards, we took it easy the rest of the afternoon and I was able to catch my brother Paul's ultimate frisbee game on ESPN3. It was pretty cool to hear an ESPN sports announcer call his name!
 |
| Number 99 killing it for Ring of Fire |
We hoofed it over to the commissary that evening to get some snacks, since we didn't feel up to eating a full dinner after the huge lunch we'd had. We picked up some things for our field training exercise, which begins tomorrow. Things are about to get real.
We hung out with our little crew that evening around the hotel and called it a relatively early night. Not clear how much sleep we're going to get when we're out in the field, so we didn't want to start off in any kind of sleep debt. I somehow managed to volunteer myself to help pace the 2-mile run for another officer in my squad who has to take the Army Physical Fitness test at 0430 tomorrow morning (only those officers going directly to active duty after BOLC have to take it. Since I'm going back to school, I'm excused). Not quite sure what made me think THAT was a good idea.
We have a bunch of inspections this afternoon to make sure we're ready for the field, so need to spend the morning getting last minute supplies (dental floss is REQUIRED? Seems silly) and packing up our gear. Then mentally preparing to stand around in the heat in full uniform and gear for 7 hours. Can't wait!
P.S. There was some concern among the crew that I had
nec fasc from a bug bite that was making my arm swell up like crazy. Great news -- no nec fasc:
 |
| Yes, they drew a circle around the erythema last night to track it. |
No comments:
Post a Comment